Getting Your Thailand Visa
Outside of the safety of all our delegates, the ICFP Secretariat’s top priority is ensuring that everyone in our community, no matter from where they will be traveling, has the opportunity to attend the conference without having to overcome insurmountable travel-related barriers.
Learn more about the #ICFP2022 visa process below – including what we are doing to help those experiencing issues with their visas –
and contact the ICFP Secretariat with any questions or concerns.
From the ICFP Secretariat
Bill & Melinda Gates Institute for Population and Reproductive Health is working diligently with our esteemed 2022 International Conference on Family Planning co-hosts Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health, the Royal Thai College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, and the Population and Community Development Association to ensure an informative, inspirational, and impactful conference is delivered to all attending the 2022 ICFP.
Outside of the safety of all of our delegates, our top priority is to ensure that everyone across our community, no matter from where they will be traveling, has the opportunity to attend the conference without having to overcome unsurmountable travel-related barriers.
Several departments within the Thai government are coming together to ensure that all ICFP delegates have as smooth a visa process as possible, so that they can not only experience the world’s largest scientific conference on family planning and reproductive health, but also enjoy the incredible hospitality and rich cultural experiences that the Thai people and their beautiful country offer to visitors.
The 2022 International Conference on Family Planning has been designated as a Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions (MICE) event which allows all of our delegates to travel to Thailand under a Tourist MICE Visa (TR-MICE).
We would like to thank the Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB), Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Department of Consular Affairs to ensure that our delegates are well taken care of and are able to come to Thailand to attend ICFP.
We look forward to welcoming you to Thailand for the sixth ICFP 14-17 November 2022 in Pattaya City, Thailand as we work together to make family planning for all a reality.
Thai November Holiday Update:
- The Thai government has declared a holiday for those who work in Bangkok from 16-18 November 2022. As a result, many people are likely to travel to Pattaya City to vacation at this time.
- For this reason, we strongly encourage those planning on attending ICFP 2022 in person to book accommodations soon before hotels in Pattaya City fill up.
- Please see our hotels page for a full list of official conference hotels and special deals for ICFP attendees.
Yellow Fever Update:
- As of 01 July 2022, Thailand requires proof of yellow fever vaccination from or through certain countries prior to entry (Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Togo, Uganda, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, and Venezuela).
- If you are a resident in one of the countries listed, please submit your yellow fever vaccine certificate via the electronic health declaration form found on the following website: https://thaihealthpass.com/
- Do not hesitate to contact the ICFP Secretariat at email@example.com with any questions.
ICFP2022 Visa Requirements by Country
search using the magnifying glass on the right