Yesterday, the #ICFP2021 co-hosts held a press conference live from Bangkok, Thailand announcing Pattaya City as the location of the 2021 convening of global family planning and reproductive health professionals.
Bill & Melinda Gates Institute for Population and Reproductive Health Director Jose “Oying” Rimon II opened the press conference, and was joined by other esteemed panelists, including:
– Dr. Panpimol Wipulakorn, Director-General, The Department of Health, Ministry of Public Health
– Dr. Karun Kengsakul, President of The Royal Thai College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
– Dr. Mechai Viravaidya, Founder and Chairman of the Population and Community Development Association
– Mr. Björn Andersson, Director of UNFPA Asia-Pacific Regional Office
– Ms. Nichapa Yoswee, Senior Vice President, Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau
Thai media outlets were eager to learn about the ICFP Core Organizing Group’s reasons for selecting Thailand as the 2021 host country and how bringing the conference to Pattaya City will benefit the country politically, socially, and economically.
Watch the press conference on Facebook to learn more about how together, we are making universal access to family planning by 2030 a reality.